The Fruit and Nut Research and Information Center, FNRIC, aims to advance, coordinate and extend University of California research-based information in the planting, growing and harvesting of fruit and nut tree crops.
Our mission is to provide information on best management practices that are beneficial to fruit and nut growers throughout California by:
- Development of an online certificate program targeting young and beginning farmers in fruit and nut production
- Peer reviewed orchard management information for specific fruit and nut crops on our website
- Support for pomology research conferences, short courses, and work group meetings
- Facilitating communication among our industry and consumer stakeholders as well as among UC personnel involved in fruit and nut research
- Maintenance of crop research report databases including documents dating back to 1940
For more information, visit: http://fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu