The King Hall Expansion and Renovation broke ground on September 29, 2007, ushering in a new era in the School's history. Now completed, the School of Law now enjoys an aesthetically striking and functionally state-of-the-art facility that accommodates the latest technology and teaching techniques.
The expansion represents a 29% increase of space or approximately 18,000 assignable square feet (ASF). After the expansion was completed in Summer 2010, the existing King Hall structure was renovated to expand the Mabie Law Library, improve traffic flow and aesthetics, and provide new reading rooms, group study areas, and enhanced student organization spaces.
King Hall features include:
- A state-of-the-art appellate courtroom that has hosted the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, California Supreme Court, and California Court of Appeal
- Five new classrooms, including seminar rooms
- Two new reading rooms, 12 new group study rooms, and a new reading lounge
- New technology for skills training, including interrogation, alternative dispute resolution, negotiations, and other practical lawyering skills
- New space for collaborations with government agencies. The California Law Revision Commission is housed in the new wing, creating research opportunities for faculty and students.
- A beautiful new courtyard for law school functions and community gatherings
- Aesthetically striking design creates a natural light-filled environment
- Enhanced space for five student-run academic journals and other student organizations
- Enhanced accessibility and sustainability features in the design, construction, and operation of King Hall
- New faculty offices to expand teaching, research, and public service programs
- Expanded spaces for student recreation, dining, and gathering-
You may have a personally engraved item at King Hall. Please indicate the number of each item you would like in the comments section on the next page. We will be contacting you shortly about your inscription.
Paver - 12″ x 8″ ($500 gift per paver)
Large Paver - 24″ x 8″ ($1000 gift per large paver)
Wilkins Moot or Appellate Courtroom Seat ($1,000 gift per seat)
Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations
(530) 752-6209 (Phone)