The Department of Neurology conducts basic and clinical research on the nervous system and provides clinical care for people with neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease and dementia, epilepsy, movement disorders like Parkinson's and Huntington's diseases, tremor, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular conditions, headache and sleep disorders. Our cutting-edge diagnostic approaches, including advanced neuroimaging technologies and access to trials of new medications and other therapeutic modalities, have earned us a top 20 national program ranking.
The Department of Neurological Surgery is home to internationally recognized experts in neurosurgical disorders. We provide neurosurgical care for the majority of the Northern California area and collaborate closely with the University’s NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Level I Trauma Center, Center for Neuroscience, and Stroke Program to ensure that patients have access to advanced, multidisciplinary, patient focused care. We offer state-of-the-art technologies and provide the most effective treatments for neurological diseases. Our research programs include neuroimaging and treatments that improve outcomes and quality of life for patients with brain aneurysms, Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord injury, seizures and degenerative disc disease.
- Brain Tumor Research
- Epilepsy Research Program
- Huntington's Disease Center for Excellence Research
- Neurocritical Care Program Support Fund
- Neurological Surgery General Support Fund
- Neurological Surgery Grand Rounds Support Fund
- Neurology General Support Fund
- Neurosurgery Nursing Support Fund
- Parkinson’s Disease/Movement Disorders Excellence Fund
- Parkinson's Disease & Movement Disorders Research Support Fund
- Resident Education & Research Fund