UC Davis has a vision to synergize efforts across the university to combat the pain management crisis by expanding the Center for Advancing Pain Relief (CAPR) to create a first-of-its-kind hub for education, research, clinical care and policy. CAPR will develop new standards for educating clinicians across all health professions, producing replicable programs that train students and retrain health professionals to identify and understand pain and deliver safe, effective and affordable care. Harnessing UC Davis’ wealth of interprofessional expertise, CAPR will unite faculty researchers, educators and clinicians with policymakers to develop personalized, integrated and comprehensive pain management therapies, reach national consensus and provide policy guidance for California and beyond.
Your gift to the Center for Advancing Pain Relief will help:
• Create training programs to advance interdisciplinary pain education in human and veterinary health.
• Accelerate the development of prevention strategies and groundbreaking treatments with the start-up funding for pilot studies.
• Endow faculty positions to transform pain care.
• Establish scholarships and fellowships to prepare the next generation of health professionals.
• Help create a state-of-the-art facility for providing pain relief and training for tomorrow's well-educated clinicians.
Director of Development