Each year alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff and students express their commitment to UC Davis and all who benefit from the university's work by giving to the Annual Fund.
Annual Fund contributions provide the chancellor with crucial, flexible funding to enrich student life, respond to emerging opportunities, and meet the pressing needs of the university. For example, the Annual Fund allowed Chancellor May to provide use of 600 laptops to students who otherwise could not have participated when classes moved online in response to the coronavirus emergency.
Every gift makes a difference. Together, contributions to the Annual Fund, Parent Fund and the Davis Chancellor's Club added up to more than $1.2 million last fiscal year. This philanthropic support is vital to build and sustain UC Davis' excellence.
Gifts to the Annual Fund advance the university's mission in diverse ways, such as:
- Providing scholarships to deserving students, many who are first generation college students
- Attracting and retaining high-caliber faculty, especially those who are early in their careers
- Developing and maintaining innovative academic programs that enrich student life
- Providing free Safe Rides by the UC Davis Police Department to students during any time of the day
- Advancing research to improve health, enrich life and help feed the world.