Our mission is to create long-lasting programming and traditions that highlight various Black perspectives, strengthen the community within King Hall, and vigorously fundraise to support these programs and community. And we are so happy to report that, as of today, our mission has seen much success.
- We've launched another year of our mentoring program to help incoming Black students navigate 1L year.
- BLSA and several other affinity groups co-hosted a Welcome BBQ to welcome all the law students back to school.
- We gather outreach to more BPLSAs (Black Pre-Law Student Associations) and BLSAs at surrounding universities.
- BLSA held a Thanksgiving Give Back event, creating and distributing lunches to unhoused populations in Sacramento.
- BLSA is currently planning King Hall's 4th annual MLK Service Day.
- BLSA plans to host many more events throughout 2023, including during our culture week and Black History Month. But to do so, we must continue to fundraise.
We ask you to please donate to support the activities of King Hall's BLSA. Help us to continue in our mission, not only in 2023 but for BLSA generations to come. Thank you,
BLSA’s 2022-2023 Board
Hassan Smith, Co-President
Damian Cortez, Co-President
Rhiannah Gordon, Vice President & Fundraising Chair
Danae Snell, Internal Vice President & Social Media Chair
Nnayongo Malafa, External Vice President
Ethan Hicks, Treasurer
Adele Maxwell, Banquet Chair
BLSA is a charter member of the National Black Law Students Association, dedicated to increasing the number of lawyers sensitive to the unique issues and needs of the Black community. BLSA provides mentorship to UC Davis Black pre-law undergraduates and King Hall 1Ls, promotes Black-perspective programming, supports Black businesses, is active in the concerns of the Black community, and has developed ties with the northern California legal community.
Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations
(530) 752-6209 (Phone)